Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hello from Florida!

A few months ago, I made plans to fly to Florida to see my dad. His name is Brad Miller and he's a world famous photographer! As I was asking Jenn about taking a few days off, I had a stroke of genius (if I do say so myself!)- what if I could bring a few outfits down from the boutique so my dad could do a few photographs for Jenn?! When I mentioned it to Jenn, she was all for it (she's so nice :) ). So over this past weekent, Jenn let me go all around the shop and pick out a few ideas. I gathered up some of my own personal favorite pieces, and with her o.k., Phyllis helped me wrap-up each individual item and pack it in my bag. It was so exciting!

I oh so carefully clutched the very, VERY valuable tote of merchandise with me all the way from Rochester to West Palm, making sure that I never left it unattended in the airport. When I arrived at my dad's house, I could hardly wait to show him the beautiful pieces. He agreed that they were amazing, and told me that knew the perfect models for the clothes. 

Even though I have only been here for 3 days, it has actually felt more like a whopping 24 hours... it has been so non-stop!! We literally just walked in the door from a shoot that got us up at 5:30am... some vacation!! But it was so fun and it went amazingly well. 

Here are a few photos from yesterday. The model's name is Danielle and she has been a family friend since before I was born. She's also been a model and actress for over 30 years! And there's more-- she couldn't have been any nicer or more laid-back. 

(Lilith)



 (ELM)



(ELM) 



 (Christy Phillips - Headdress/Krista Larson - Slip)


 (Christy Phillips - Headdress/Krista Larson - Slip)



A production shot! (I was the clothing rearranger, the headdress dresser, hair positioner, and the actual art director!)
 (Christy Phillips - Headdress/Krista Larson - Slip and skirt)


My favorite!
 (Christy Phillips - Headdress/Krista Larson - Slip and skirt)


 (Christy Phillips - Headdress/Krista Larson - Slip and skirt)



Black and White version:
 (Christy Phillips - Headdress/Krista Larson - Slip and skirt)


 (Lilith)


(Lilith)


These are all pre-touch-up too! Prepare yourself for some future beautiful ads and also the next batch of photos from the shoot today! Hope you like them :) - Meggie

2 comments:

  1. How cool is that?! Great images. The setting is really terrific. They're all great; particularly the BW. Love the textures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rome! I'm so happy you like them. I've been meaning to post some of the other photos... maybe I'll finally get around to it tonight!

      Delete